Best Car Vacuums – A Buyer’s Guide and Recommendations
Looking for the best car vacuums? You’ve come to the right website. Here you’ll find a great collection of unbiased car vacuum reviews and ratings as well helpful guides to using a car vacuum effectively.
We all know the importance of keeping our precious cars clean and tidy. It’s not only unsightly to have food crumbs, pet hair and dirt/debris from the street in your car but unhygienic as well. It’s a good habit to vacuum and clean your car at least once a week to get rid of all the germs, bacteria and dirt on your car seats/mats.
Car vacuums can basically divided into two main types: professional wall-mount car vacuums and cordless handheld car vacuums. Corded vacuums generally have stronger suction power but they are limited to use only in locations with a power outlet. Cordless car vacuums usually run on rechargeable batteries and are smaller, more portable and easier to carry around. But cordless vacuums have a limit to the duration of use because the battery power will eventually be used up. This also results in gradually weakening suction power as well.
Here are some points to consider when choosing car vacuums:
- Portability. If you’re looking to vacuum or clean your car while on the go, you will want to invest in a cordless handheld vacuum. These vacuums can easily be kept on your car seat or in the trunk. Very convenient when you want to touch up the car before or after you pick up/drop off passengers. If you only plan to clean your car once a week in the garage, you can use a larger vacuum instead of a cordless car vacuum.
- Corded or cordless. Corded vacuums can be used for a longer time. They essentially can keep running for as long as you keep them plugged in. Cordless vacuums will die after a period of time even if you haven’t finished vacuuming your car but they are more convenient to use. The more powerful car vacuums with stronger motors are always corded because of their energy requirements. Handheld vacuums are likely to be cordless although there are some notable exceptions, like the excellent Eureka 71B vacuum.
- Suction power. Some vacuums have a greater suction power than others because of their design and motor. If you plan to use the vacuum on the floor or other parts of your garage/home, you should probably go for a corded professional vacuum with a more powerful motor. Bear in mind, the suction power is also affected by the strength of the vacuum’s battery life. This is relevant if you are buying a cordless vacuum.
- Battery life and charge length. All cordless vacuums run on batteries and it will be wise to choose one that can hold a charge for an ample duration of time. You want to be able to clean your entire car before the battery dies. Look for cordless vacuums with long lasting battery life as well as well designed charging indicators and docks. The Hoover Linx handheld vacuum is a great example of a cordless vacuum that holds a charge for a fantastic length. It also as a well designed blue led display indicator to mark battery life. These are good features to have.
- Reach and Design. Car vacuums are only useful when they can actually clean up the dirt and debris in your car. Apart from suction power, the design of the car vacuum is important as well. Pick a car vacuum with a good reach and always consider buying extra attachments like a longer hose or a different brush if it enhances the vacuuming experience. The car vacuum you choose should be ergonomically designed and comfortable to use for an extended period of time.
I’ve bought and used car vacuums for over 15 years and I’ve gotten a pretty good idea of what makes for a great car vacuum. While most of them look or seem the same, each of them do offer little features or quirks which differentiate them from each other. No doubt, they all get the job done but some just do it better.
If you don’t have much time and want my personal recommendation on the best car vacuums right now, check out the selection of highly rated car vacuums below. They’re are all sold on Amazon.com, which offers some fantastic discounts. Amazon’s prices are often cheaper than the specialty auto or general retail store so be sure to take advantage of that.
Best Professional Car Vacuums
These following professional car vacuums are usually corded and are much larger. They have a greater suction power than handheld vacuums and usually come with many brush attachments and heads to facilitate the cleaning process. All of these car vacuums are wall-mounted and are best used in the garage for a thorough once-a-week cleaning session. Many of them can double as an excellent garage floor cleaner as well because of their suction power and range. They are highly recommended, especially if you have a large car.
Hoover L2310 5-Gallon Garage Utility Vacuum. This is a fantastic high quality wall-mount bagless vacuum for your garage and it’s excellent for cleaning your car. It has a quiet but powerful 10-amp motor, self cleaning filters, a 5-gallon tank and a very long 30 foot hose. It also comes with 7 cleaning attachments such as crevice tools, floor nozzles, upholstery nozzles, extension wands and dusting brushes. It’s got a beautiful all-steel canister body and there’s absolutely no need to buy replacement filters so the long-term cost for using this vacuum is very low. I also like how it comes with a 3-year warranty even though I’ve used it for more than 3 years and never had any problems with it whatsoever. If you’re looking for a wall-mounted car vacuum, this is definitely the one you should buy. Highly recommended without any reservation at all. Get this. You won’t regret it.
Click here to read my review of the Hoover L2310 Garage Utility Vacuum. Right now Amazon is offering free shipping and a 25% discount for this vacuum, which means you’ll save $50 from the retail price.Click here to buy it now from Amazon.com
Vacmaster VWM510 Wall Mount Vacuum. This is small and relatively lightweight wall-mount vacuum that can be easily detached and used in other parts of your house. That’s a cool feature that other wall mount vacuums don’t have. It also has a remote control power switch and comes with a 10-foot flex hose, a 11-foot standard hose and is very easy to install. I also like that it has a blower function and a bundle of attachments such as crevice tools, car noozles, round dust brushes and other extension wands. It also comes in a pleasant blue color which adds a touch of brightness to your home or garage. I particularly fancy how it has a really small footprint even though its a wall-mounted vacuum although I would have preferred it to have longer hoses like the Hoover L2310. Still, its a fantastic wall mount vacuum that works amazingly well.
Click here to read my review of the Vacmaster VWM510 Wall Mount Vacuum or you can simply buy it at a 12% discount from Amazon.com and get free shipping too.
Metro Vacuum HRS83BA 4.0-Horsepower Garage Wall Mount Vacuum/Blower. I like this amazing car vacuum for several reasons. First of all, it’s wall-mounted so you don’t have to drag the vacuum all around your car. You only need to move the 24 feet flexible hose. The entire vacuum is constructed with high quality steel that’s made-in-the-USA. It provides an astounding 95 inch water lift and has a 4.0 peak horsepower which means this sucker packs a real punch when it comes to vacuuming up dirt in your car.
It also comes with an entire arsenal of useful attachments like a wall mount bracket, crevice tools, dust brushes, 4-piece detailing tool kit, wall/floor brush and upholstery tool. It’s fantastic for cars of all sizes from SUVs to trucks. Hell, you can even clean your entire garage with it. Highly recommended if you need a top quality garage car vacuum and hate having to carry/push a vacuum cleaner while you clean your car.
Right now Amazon is offering a generous 31% discount for this Metro Vacuum HRs83BA. This means you’ll save $115 off the retail price. This is a great price so take advantage of it while it lasts. Click here to read my review of the Metro Vacuum HRS83BA Wall Mount Vacuum/Blower or you can justbuy it now from Amazon.com.
Best Handheld Car Vacuums
If you’re looking for a handheld car vacuum that is cordless, battery-operated aand small enough to be kept on the floor of your seat, consider the following handheld car vacuums. These are fairly light-weight, portable and easy-to-handle handheld vacuums that you can fire up anytime for a quick clean while on the road.
Hoover LINX BH50015 Cordless Handheld Vacuum. One of the things I’ve never liked about handheld vacuums was their short battery life and correspondingly, their gradually weakening suction power. The Hoover LINX vacuum does extremely well on both fronts. It’s the only vacuum in the world that is powered by a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery (superb battery life) and it has a special fade-free technology that allows you to run it full blast right till the last moment until it dies, which is quite frankly, quite essential for a good vacuuming session.
This bagless vacuum has fantastic suction power and is easy to hold/maneuver when using it in the car. Battery life and consistent suction power are very important for portable cordless vacuums and the Hoover LINX comes up on top above most other vacuum cleaners. Highly recommended.
Click here to see my review of the Hoover LINX Cordless Handheld Vacuum or you can go right ahead and buy it now at a 29% discount off the retail price at Amazon.com
Black & Decker PHV1800CB Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner. This cordless handheld vacuum has a unique nozzle that pivots in 10 positions, giving you a better reach in tight corners. It has a nice wall-mounted charging base, a easy-to-empty bagless filter, a crevice tool and an upholstery brush. I like how the thin nozzle design makes it easier to reach under car seats and it works great on car carpets. Holds a battery charge fairly well although its inferior to the Hoover Linx in terms of charge lifespan.
Eureka 71B Hand-Held Vacuum Review. This is a corded handheld vacuum with a great reach. It has a flexible hose as well as a crevice tool, along with with a broad plastic visor for cleaning horizontal surfaces. I particularly like the extra long (20 foot) cord and it seems to work exceptionally well for pet hair and other hard-to-suck debris. It uses a bagless filter and dust cup that is easy to empty and change. The soft stretch hose is a nice companion to the flat Rise Visor (which is great for car seats). Without a doubt, the best corded hand vacuum on the market. If you prefer using a corded vacuum over a cordless vacuum, this is the one you should buy.
Click to read my full review of the Eureka 71B Hand-Held Vacuum or you may want to buy it now from Amazon.com at a 28% discount and free shipping.
Read More Car Vacuum Reviews…
While the vacuums listed above are definitely the best on the market, there are many other car vacuums out there. If you want more choices, you may want to check out my entire collection of car vacuums because I talk about the specific features, benefits and downsides of each car vacuum. Click on this link to start reading right now!
Good luck in finding the best car vacuum!